Telephone: 07761 277 634
Ian Billings is an accomplished writer for children’s television (including CBBC’s “ChuckleVision”), forty professional pantomimes and author of eight children’s books. He is a recognised educationalist with twenty years experience delivering workshops and shows into schools, art centres and theatres in the UK and beyond. He is a regular at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and has also taken his shows as far away as Australia!
“Best thing I’ve seen in this school in thirty years!”
Iain Blaxall, Teacher, Norwich School, UK
"My son thought you were amazing and wants to be just like you when he grows up. So not only do you have a fan you are officially a role model!”
Tara Diamond, Weston All Saints Primary School, UK
Workshops and Shows
Ian has worked in over 3,500 schools both in the UK and abroad delivering creative writing workshops and his stand up show.
AWESOME COMEDY SHOWS
Brilliantly interweaving a kookey gallery of voices and absurd imagery, Ian has galloped across the world with his acclaimed stand-up literacy shows for all ages. His infectious glee takes the audience on a chuckle-stuffed ride into his (and their) imagination!
- "Dumbs Up!" - the stand-up literacy show for 6 to 11 years
- "Chuckle Time!" - the storytelling show for 6 and under
HILARIOUS WRITING WORKSHOPS
Ian coaxes and cajoles creative ideas, thoughts and notions for characters, settings and plots using hilarious drama techniques and devices. He then inspires young minds to utilise these in their stories, poems and film-scripts.
- Character Building - secrets of how to make a compelling character
- Know Your Place - how to build a fascinating story location
- Finding the Plot - the nuts and bolts of narrative structure
- Knees, Nose, Toes - How to make and draw a character
- All workshops take place in the hall or large space
- All workshops last one hour
- 35 students per session
- All pupils need pens/ pencils and paper & Clipboards, if possible
- A teacher or classroom assistant must be in attendance throughout
- All performances take place in the school hall or large space
- No flash photography
- No exterior noise
- 20 minutes to set up
- Performance last 45/50 minutes
Share this page: