Telephone: 01223 502628
Jane Bower is an experienced and enthusiastic KS1 and 2 teacher, author, artist and actor. She offers practical teaching and Inset to those seeking to develop their skills using Art, Drama, Dance and English to creatively address the broader curriculum. Working with teachers, TAs and children, she discusses your specific needs thoroughly so that the training meets your exact requirements.
‘Many thanks for the drama Inset....Everyone felt that they had gained a better understanding of how drama can be used as a teaching medium and that you provided helpful, practical ideas that really do transfer across the age range.’ - Muriel Will, Headteacher, The Reddings C.P. School, Herts.
‘Just to say thankyou again for leading such a wonderful day yesterday. We all learned so much and I am already planning my first clay lesson with my class.’ - J. Hillman, Orwell Park School, Ipswich, after Art Inset day
Creative, inspiring, practical KS1/2 workshops to your chosen theme, and staff Inset, from a widely experienced primary teacher/adviser. See www.janebower.com for full details
• drawing, painting, clay, textiles, printing, bookmaking, display
• artist-in-residence and commissions – murals, ceramics, textiles
• clear, manageable guidance and approaches, practical for the classroom
• resources, tips on organisation and books recommended
• drama/role play/Mantle of the Expert as a learning medium
• performance techniques and presentation skills
• exciting, practical and confidence-building sessions
• addressing cross-curricular topics, improving pupils' use of language, problem-solving, teamwork, writing
• introducing children to dance as a language
• exploring ways of storytelling, expressing feelings, responding to music for performance or non-performance
• practical ideas, planning, resources, guidance on music, innovative methods of warming up and cooling down
• sessions run at your chosen comfort level and use a variety of starting points for inspiration
• alternative and imaginative approaches to speaking, listening, reading and writing
• exploring words in new ways to address many writing genres
• fostering a fascination for words, leaving children keen to write further
• equipping teachers with exciting ideas, building confidence and enthusiasm.
Share this page: