Calvert Trust Exmoor has over 20 years of experience in delivering exciting, challenging and enjoyable outdoor activity adventures for people with physical, sensory and learning disabilities all ages and abilities. The range of structured programmes for schools includes multi-activity programmes for key stages 1-4, and transitional courses for 16-25 year olds. All activities are onsite and equipment is provided.
“The Calvert Trust Exmoor have been positive and proactive in making our first trip memorable and meaningful, from my first investigative phone call last July to our actual visit this week. All our wishes /requests have been accommodated, all staff (instructors, admin staff and support staff) have been friendly, and the activities have challenged both staff and students! The opportunity for students to be with their peers and away from their parents is an important developmental process.” - Heritage House School
The Calvert Trust is located a short distance from the North Devon Coast in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the edge of Exmoor National Park. The fully accessible, fully catered centre holds both the AHOEC gold award and the CLOtC Quality award, and the activities are specifically designed and equipped to cater for all. The highly experienced instructors are qualified by national governing bodies such as the BCU, RYA and BHS and are specially trained to work with disabled individuals.
“We chose Calvert Trust Exmoor because our students need to understand that all challenges can be overcome, and the Calvert Trust is a place where our students can find solutions to all the challenges they’re set. When they go back into their local community they will realise that however steep they think the challenge is, their minds will come back to the Calvert Trust, and they will know that it can be overcome in one way or another.” - Fairmead School
Activities and Facilities:
• Abseiling • Wheelchair Abseiling • Archery
• Climbing • High ropes course
• Outdoor & indoor climbing walls • Challenge course
• Zip wire • Indoor swimming pool
• Horse riding • Jacuzzi • Crate Stack Challenge
• Carriage driving • Sensory room • Giant swing
• Sailing • Children’s play area
• Kayaking • Games room • Bushcraft
• Canoeing • Accessible Cycling
Accommodation consists of ensuite single, twin and triple bedded rooms as well as a number of apartments which can be booked on a self catering or fully catered basis. Food is freshly prepared on-site daily, and all diets can be catered for.
- Residential and day bookings available
- Fully accessible
- Centre holds AALA license, AHOEC gold award & CLOtC Quality award
- Suitable risk assessment for all activities
- RYA & BCU courses are available
- All instructors have enhanced CRB checks
- Inspected by national governing bodies
Share this page: