Telephone: 01307 840393
Whether you choose to visit Glamis to admire its stunning architecture, to explore its history, legends and myths or to enjoy the surrounding beauty of the grounds and gardens, you will not fail to be touched by the magic of Glamis.
The castle, which is famed as being the childhood home of the Queen Mother and the setting for Shakespeare's 'Macbeth', is situated in the fertile valley of Strathmore, only 5 miles from Forfar and 12 miles from Dundee.
Our website provides a host of information for our visitors and we welcome your feedback. Please let us know if you have any specific questions or comments about Glamis, its grounds and its people.
Glamis Castle has been a royal residence since 1372, and spans more than 600 years of Scottish history.
Stories of the Old Pretender, Mary Queen of Scots, Shakespeare and James VI & I, right up to the 20th Century with the childhood stories of HM Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, make a visit to Glamis a magical experience for children.
The topics associated with the castle stretch the full length of the 5-14 Syllabus. Whether touching on history or geography, social studies or literature, we can offer a tailored tour to suit the current topic of their classroom studies.
Also available for hire is the Heritage Education Centre in Glamis Village, which is ideal for use for activities after the visit or simply to have a packed lunch on a wet day. There is also a picnic area available for use in the grounds.
Glamis Castle welcomes groups throughout the year. When the castle is closed in winter, groups may be booked by prior arrangement.
- All drivers and group leaders are admitted FREE OF CHARGE and are issued with meal /refreshment vouchers.
- There is no additional charge for group tours, and, if required, language guides are available to take the tour in French / German / Italian / Spanish at no extra cost. When no foreign language guides are available, we invite the group leader to translate.
- There is ample parking close to the castle for coaches. No restriction on the size of coach or groups.
- Payment can be made by cash, credit card or cheque on the day.
- We recommend that groups are booked in advance - please call 01307 840393 or email@example.com
- To experience the full Glory of Glamis, we recommend you allow at least two and a half hours for the visit . The castle tours lasts 50 minutes. Allow another hour to soak up the beauty of the Italian Garden, explore the Nature Trail, Discover the Exhibitions, Restaurant and Shops.
Share this page: