Telephone: 01279 897341
The Travelling Natural History Museum, it’s a museum that visits you! An exhibition or workshop that can easily be adapted to your venue and timescale and will give you access to the UK’s largest travelling collection of fossils and replicas.
The Travelling Natural History Museum enables you to enjoy the best of a Natural History Museum without ever leaving your school. On our visit we bring exciting exhibits and educational workshops for pupils to enjoy and learn. Simply we bring a museum to the classroom.
It’s not your usual ‘don’t touch, be quiet’ experience, with pupils rushed quickly by displays to meet the coach home in time; it’s much more than that. It’s an exhibition where the lesson plan is designed to your specification and one that can easily be adapted to your venue and timescale.
Our aim is to offer the student an insightful, interactive learning experience in a safe and comfortable environment. Pupils will engage with interactive talks and workshops on dinosaurs, ocean creatures, sea life and natural history, tailored to meet the needs of key stages 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum. Subjects include literacy, numeracy, science, history, geography, art and even music.
You’ll have access to to the UK’s largest travelling collection of fossils and replicas, some which are life size . It’s Hands on involvement for pupils of all ages.
The activities we offer include:
- Arts & crafts
- Fossil Casting
- Sand paleontology session excavating dinosaur bones
- Meteorite Demonstration
- Concrete casting, make your own giant dinosaur footprint or ammonite for your school
- Dino drama
- Guess the fossil
- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle activity
- Giant Dino jigsaw
"The structure of the workshop was well-thought through, the number of props and materials were overwhelming and the quality of a very high standard (and very life-like). All the dinosaurs caught the immediate attention of the children and kept them engaged throughout the event. That said, your enthusiasm, your way of working with the children via interactive games and your style of communication with the children was instrumental to the success of the workshop."
- Travelling Natural History Museum is more cost effective for a school budget and also no permissions from guardians or parents are needed for the workshop. There is no need for arranging coaches or outdoor lunches, registers and counting student heads many a time.
- The Travelling Natural History Museum services are bespoke to your venue and requirements; including access to a whole range of brilliant made to order items, as well as genuine fossil artefacts.
Share this page: