Telephone: 01277 364 470
Rope Runners is an adventure rope course based at The Secret Nuclear Bunker at Kelvedon Hatch. They are the only high ropes adventure park in Essex open to the general public all year round! Whether you just want a day out, to get some exercise and fresh air or celebrate a special event they have everything you need for a great time.
Rope Runners offer a flexible service and are happy to accommodate specific requirements whatever you are looking for and put together a complete package for your school group visit. Their standard rope course session lasts two and a half hours and can accommodate up to 70 people at a time. If you would like to make it a full day out you can add any of the other fantastic activities on offer, like water zorbing, archery, tunnel adventures and the water tag maze to your itinerary. Larger School parties can be split into smaller groups to rotate through the various activities.
Some examples of how schools have used our facilities include:
• Year 6 leavers trip or general end of year celebration
• Team building activities for new students
• Away days for students not participating in a residential trip
• Away days/teambuilding activities for teachers/learning support assistants
• Travel and Tourism students examining customer satisfaction and the leisure experience
• Reward and recognition for achievement, good attendance, sustained effort or Personal development for students exhibiting challenging behaviour
Rope Runners was founded by Kevin and Jo Ellis, a husband and wife team who’s philosophy is to encourage children to participate fully in the high ropes adventure. Course instructors are fully practiced in rescue techniques so it’s impossible to get stranded but clients are encouraged to problem solve for themselves whilst out on the course. Safety is the overriding priority at this well run facility and staff are always on hand to give advice and assistance if required.
In addition to schools, Rope Runners also work closely with the Scout Association, Girl Guiding UK and many other youth groups and clubs. All activities are available for participants aged 6 and over and the centre also offer woodland camping, camping on the hill, Bunker sleepovers and Bunk house accommodation. Whether you need require instructors or want to supply your own a package can be tailored to your groups needs.
- Free teacher with every 6 pupils
- Full safety equipment supplied
- Professional supervision throughout
- Public Liability Insurance
- Half day or Full day activities
- Suitable for age 6 years and over
- Open all year round
- Groups of any size catered for
Share this page: