Imagining History provides educational history workshops for primary schools that captivate and entertain.
Our interactive sessions combine role-play, storytelling, demonstrations and drama and performance to bring history to life for your students.
Each of our extensively researched workshop themes, such as the Stone Age and Ancient Egypt, incorporate on-your-feet activities and high energy performance, allowing every single student to be involved and learn through doing.
We bring our KS2 workshops to schools all over the UK and ensure that our workshops offer excellent value for money.
We can even run two different themes in one day, for example Stone Age and Vikings or Ancient Egypt and Saxons, allowing us to cater for any budget.
If you would like a quote for your next workshop please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Each of our workshops runs for ninety minutes. We are completely flexible in our approach and we fit our workshops around your scheduling needs. Each workshop can cater for up to seventy participants.
Ancient Egypt: A Time Travel Tour
Travel through time with our workshop practitioners as they take your students through all the important parts of Ancient Egyptian history. Your students will:
- Travel through the timeline of Ancient Egypt, meeting all of the important figures.
- Join Pharaoh Khufu as he struggles to construct the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Solve the mysterious death of Tutankhamun with Howard Carter.
- Train to be the Pharaoh’s embalmer and discover the secrets of mummification.
- Learn fascinating trivia about the key Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: Rameses the Great, Akhenaten the heretic and the female Pharaoh Hatshepsut.
A Handy Guide to Survive the Stone Age
Have your students got what it takes to survive the Stone Age? Find out with this handy guide. Your students will:
- Travel through the timeline of the Stone Age visiting all of the important dates, from the Palaeolithic to the Neolithic.
- Discover important weapons and inventions and learn how they were used.
- Learn the uses of a Bull Roarer and how to communicate with a Stone Age tribe.
- Train to be a cave painter and uncover the secrets these amazing paintings held.
- Work as a team to outsmart dangerous Mega Fauna, such as a Terror Bird.
How To Be A Viking God
Take your students on a fun and informative journey through the Nine Worlds in this unique introduction to the ancient myths and legends of the Vikings. Your students will:
- Identify the key Norse Gods by becoming the Gods themselves.
- Forge weapons with the dwarves to outsmart Loki.
- Discover the different realms and afterlives and what they can teach us about the values and beliefs of the Vikings.
- Defeat the Frost Giants with Thor (and find out why he wore a fetching wedding dress).
- Transform your school hall into a battlefield to help Freyja take the worthy to Valhalla.
'Absolutely amazing! Children (and adults!) were really hooked from start to end! If we could have rated you higher than 5 out of 5 we would have done! Thank you very much!!'
- Worsbrough Community Primary - Feb 2018.
‘Professional, prompt, organised, reliable and flexible. Great service from first booking to the actual day! Thanks!’
- Baines Endowed
‘Fantastic rapport built with pupils from the start. Excellent historical knowledge delivered in a fun way for pupils.’
- Fairburn View Primary School
'It has been a brilliant morning, children engaged throughout the session. Drama activities amazing and great improvisation from Laura and Adrian.'
- Academy 360
''Excellent afternoon with Stone Age learning delivered in an entertaining and fun way. The wide age range was fully engaged throughout and a super quiz to check/recap at the end showed what a lot they'd learnt.'
- Beetham CE Primary
'Thank you for yesterday's Stone Age workshop the children thoroughly enjoyed it. Adrian and Laura were excellent, their high energy and engaging activities kept the children hooked all afternoon.'
St John's C of E
- Linked with current curriculum
- Max. 70 participants
- 90 minute workshop running time
- DBS checks for all practitioners
- COVID-19 Safe
- Risk assessments provided
- Designed for KS2
- Competitive pricing starting from £120
Share this page: