John Parnell has been hooping for over ten years, helping many thousands of children become more fit and active.
John, as the Hoop Guy, appeared in the Semi-Finals of Britain’s Got Talent in 2017.
Hoop Guy Ltd, was recognised for its work helping school children to become fitter and more active all around the Midlands, and more recently further afield, by being selected as one of the “Top 100 Small Businesses in the UK for 2017”
What can John “The Hoop Guy” do to help you and your schoolchildren?
- Hula Hooping provides healthy exercise that children will want to continue to do for months afterwards.
- It can improve children’s mental abilities through “brain-training” (Active Skills create new brain connections.)
- Hooping inspires creativity – you can suggest that the children invent new moves themselves following the training.
- Hooping assists in helping to tackle the current obesity crisis that some of our school children are facing.
- Improve Rhythm and Timing, Spatial Awareness, and Hand-Eye co-ordination.
- Inspire team-work and social play.
- Improve Cardio-vascular fitness.
- AND IT'S FUN!
So, who will be able to Hoop at the end of the day?
Generally, all of Year Two, and above. Yes, really, if they can't hoop when I arrive, they certainly will be able to when I leave, as will the teachers, the teaching assistants, the playground staff and lunch staff, plus they will be able to perform a number of fancy moves and tricks to keep everyone interested in Hooping.
I find that most Reception (or Foundation) and Year One children generally will be unable to keep a hoop spinning, and so for those particular age groups I instead provide Hula Hooping games to music, incorporating Colours, Numbers, and Motor skills, along with some basic strategy to also encourage strategic thinking and a discussion about honesty (Why they shouldn't cheat when playing the games)
How much does it cost?
Is it value for money?
Definitely, because as well as all of the benefits listed above, John will also leave you with ideas to run a sponsored Hula Hoop event where you can probably raise £700 to £1000 for your school or organisation.
For your peace of mind
John has an up to date Enhanced DBS certificate, full insurance, plus over 20 years of skills teaching experience.
Share this page: