Telephone: 01842 816000
High Lodge’s working landscape and seasonal rhythms provide a unique opportunity for children to learn about forests, the wider environment and themselves. They offer a range of quality education programmes designed to stimulate learning outside the classroom and connect children with the natural environment. All programmes are fully risk assessed and pre site visits with a ranger are available on request.
- Team and shelter building (KS 2+)– An interactive session allowing children to overcome physical and problem solving challenges, encouraging creativity and building of communication skills.
- Minibeasts (KS 1&2)– Children will become nature detectives discovering where and how minibeasts live, as well as their place in the forest ecosystem.
- Forest experience (FS & KS 1&2)– A series of entertaining and stimulating sensory activities encouraging discovery of the natural surroundings to raise awareness, understanding and appreciation of the forest environment.
- Forest Footsteps (KS 2&3)– Following a walk, children will collect information about the range of wildlife in a forest environment. The accompanying teacher pack will enable expansion on topics and includes further interactive activities to retain enthusiasm and support further learning.
- Orienteering (KS 3+) - and introductory orienteering using the Squirral Scamper trail pack (KS 1&2) are also available.
Other learning opportunities include:
- Forest Schools– A six week programme of one 2 hour session per week. Activities include camp site building, fire lighting and cooking, working with tools and environmental activities.
- INSET days– Gain and increase your confidence in delivering outdoor activities and gather ideas that can be implemented in your school grounds.
Further details of all our programmes can be found on our website.
- Suitable for key stages 1-4 and supports the National Curriculum
- On site facilities include shop, toilets, play area, trails and shelter.
- Full risk assessments available
- CRB checked and first aid trained staff
- Special offers available
Share this page: