Using puppets, circus skills and other educational aids, we have created a number of programmes to help create a better awareness of healthy living.
Our aim is to help teach children the benefits of healthy living in a fun, not so serious, but factual way.
Shadow Puppetry with its bold shapes, vivid colour and dramatic movement, is a highly engaging art form, which provides rich opportunities for exploration in early child hood educational settings.
We work with your school to ensure your chosen subject is portrayed to maximize the learning opportunities provided. Our shows bring best-loved stories, fables, poems and songs to life.
Our workshops have been developed to accompany topics within the National Curriculum. Our Primary School programmes include:
- Art & Design - Puppet making and performing workshops.
- History and Design / Technology topics, inc. Understanding the Food Chain.
- Science in MAGIC, Earth & Space, Understanding Light & Shadow.
- Our programmes have been developed to accompany topics within the National Curriculum.
A One-Day Workshop program can look like this:
1. Introduction, History and background of puppetry.
2. Different types of puppet.
3. Shadow Puppets and the Chinese influence.
4. Short show from our selection – relevant to your subject/topic.
5. Demonstration and explanation of “How it all works.”
Presentation explains dark, light, reflection and how to control the effects.
6. Understanding of light sources, reflection and shadows.
Puppet making teaches about materials, textures, construction and help stimulate creativity.
7. Making a shadow puppet. We supply the materials.
8. Opportunity to create your own show, theatre and scenery if time allows.
9. Handling and performing your puppets.
We are currently preparing 3 new shows for 2017:
The Princess on the Pea // The Gingerbread Man // Little Red Riding Hood
All shows can be performed as a stand-alone performance or as a part of our Puppet Workshops program.
Other shows available include:
- Billy Goats Gruff
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Old Man and the Golden Fish
- A Magic Paint Brush Princess
- Five Little Ducks
- Please allow one hour for set-up and one hour for breakdown.
- It is probably convenient for the Puppet Theatre to be set-up in the hall.
- The use of a 13A socket is requested, for our lighting and sound equipment.
- If a Shadow Puppet Workshop is booked, it is beneficial to be able to control the lighting / window blinds, to achieve the best effect.
Share this page: