Telephone: 020 8509 7222
British Gospel Arts provides workshops in gospel singing, songwriting, performance and musicianship to schools across the UK.
We can deliver a programme that is designed to meet your specific objectives:
- to support non-music curriculum areas
- for the professional development of teachers
- as part of the school’s music making
- to write a new school anthem with the students
- or just for the fun of learning and performing something new and vibrant.
Gospel music can bring a positive vibe to the school environment with uplifting and inspirational contemporary songs containing messages of love and citizenship, purpose and achievement. For example, it can help embed themes of citizenship and anti-bullying into the school day.
We also have a selection of popular workshop packages to get your school singing (See below).
Throughout the year there will be 'Special Offers' on our workshops. Keep an eye on our website for further details. Join our mailing list to receive our offers as soon as they are available! www.britishgospelarts.com
We are the educational arm of world-renowned London Community Gospel Choir and have been running programmes in schools, colleges, universities and communities all over the UK and Europe since 1999. Our experienced and vetted Gospel music specialists work with people of all ages and abilities.
Workshop Packages Include:
This workshop takes you on a journey of music from Africa to the Caribbean. It looks at the fusion of African rhythms with biblical lyrics and rituals from both cultures.
This workshop takes you on a journey of music from Africa to North America. It looks at the fusion of African rhythms with biblical lyrics and rituals from both cultures.
Contemporary British Black Gospel
This workshop takes you on a journey of music from Caribbean to Britain over the past fifty years.
It looks at the Windrush Generation and the music and culture they brought to the UK.
What you can expect from our workshops?
- History about the origin of the music (adapted to age group)
- Rhythms through clapping games and dance moves
- Singing in unison and harmony in true gospel style
- Solo Singing as lead singers
- Performance skills
- Understanding how the voice works (adapted to age group)
- Lots of energy and fun!
Share this page: