Mobile: 07773 047684
Running African Drumming Workshops since 1998, Justine Hart has extensive teaching experience with groups of mixed ability, structuring her workshops according to the needs of different types of client/student and environment. Justine regularly visits West Africa to continue her ongoing study of this exciting musical form and to experience the culture from which it originates.
She also leads The Vitae Drummers, an African drum and dance ensemble and is Co-organiser of High Wycombe’s annual Winterdrum Festival. Based in Buckinghamshire, She is known for her passion and enthusiasm for African drumming, dance and songs and for a unique teaching style, giving effective and popular workshops and performances. Kids love drumming! - just try and stop them once they’ve got their hands on a drum.
As well as being an exciting hands-on activity, African Drumming is suitable for Key Stages 1 - 4 Music under The National Curriculum and for GSCE or A-Level music students. Students learn the percussion techniques and African rhythms by gradually building them up and then putting them together into a structured piece of music.
The Vitae Drummers have performed regularly throughout the 9 years that they been running. The addition of African Dance combined with experienced drummers has made the group a popular act. This vibrant and popular ensemble will wow you with their drumming and dancing and are perfect for celebrations, shows and events where you want some high energy entertainment.
Drumming is a great way to motivate people, and provides a memorable experience of team-building and camaraderie. Try for yourself this effective and fun way to break down barriers that will have your pupils playing together and listening to each other! Hartbeats can tailor workshops for any size group, from one-to-one sessions to large all-day events with multiple classes
The benefits of African Drumming:
- Relaxes people and releases tension
- Energizes the individual and group
- Breaks down culture, gender and age barriers
- Exercises positive communication and listening skills
- Promotes encouragement, support and builds confidence
- Motivates and directs creative energy to a common goal
- Shows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- All equipment provided
- Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Introductory workshops available
- Workshops or performance work
- Perfect for INSET or team building days
- All staff CRB Checked
- Single class or whole school projects undertaken
Share this page: